Spread the love
Everyone has to obey the law, otherwise they could get into serious trouble. But some of the laws are just weird which can be summarized below:-
- The military has more than enough resources to mobilize the army. But what if they ran out? Well, according to Belgian law, since 1937, any citizen who owns strong animals, which can transport heavy stuff like horses, dogs or oxen, must give them to the military for their use. However, this is not expected on people’s doorstep these days.
- The Belgian flag, black, yellow and red, was created in 1830, when Belgium became an official country. However, the constitution states that the 3 colors should be placed horizontally rather than vertically. No one checked if they were placing it correctly, and to this day the Belgian flag is still held vertically.
- If there is a farm with a lot of animals, then by law no one can take your last cow, pig, last 12 goats, or last 24 chickens. So if anyone is in debt, no one can claim them, nor anyone’s livestock cattle for a period of a month.
- Leuven is a large city in Belgium. It is known as the beer capital of the country. In the streets, you can hear musicians here and there. But they should be aware of a very important law that it is illegal to play an instrument or sing out of tune. So practice, or don’t play / sing in public.
- In another large city, known as Lokeren, it is illegal to perform any kind of fortune telling, dream interpretation, quackery or any other related practice. So, once in Lokeren, avoid and report these people.
- Police raids are illegal in the middle of the night, between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., during these eight hours. Except in rare situations where direct action is absolutely necessary, they are allowed to rush to make arrests.
- Any game of chance that is played with real money is illegal to hold or play in Belgium. The only way to be allowed to do this is to obtain a license from the Kansspelcommissie, basically a gambling company license.
- In Belgium, it is legal to have a maximum of 3 grams of cannabis in your possession, for personal use. It’s just for personal use. It is still illegal to sell it to others. It is still drug-dealing which is obviously illegal.
- If a girl wears a miniskirt that is more than 4 inches above the knee, she needs written permission from her father to do so. This law states that girls must be dressed properly, and only with the permission of their father, they can wear shorter clothes. This law is no longer respected.
- In Sint-Niklaas this is not a good idea if you are a kid who likes to climb trees. Not even in nobody’s private yard. For the children of Sint-Niklaas, it is illegal to climb in the trees. Whether in public parks or in their own backyard.